Windows 7 I keep getting 0x00000124 errors..,no BSOD

xXJokerXx

I been getting stop 0x00000124 errors alot recently. Most of them occur while im watching videos on youtube, and some occur while im in virtual dj. And at some times(kinda rare tho) i get them on just normal websites. But the thing is that i dont get the BSOD, it just restarts the computer and says that windows didnt shut down correctly. But i do get the message below..., How can i fix this? its doing this alot!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8002AC83C8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\080810-43953-01.dmp
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-67562-0.sysdata.xml :confused:

Hi,
if you could find the dump file (C:\Windows\Minidump) zip it up and post it we can read it for you.. :)

Thanks for that.. Now could you list your system spec and whether your bios is the latest version? I'm seeing a hardware fault here but that could be driver related..

Ouch. All three crash dumps posted are of the same 0x124 hardware-type errors. Unfortunately, these do not specify the hardware or exact cause. Also, all 3 crash dumps have the list of installed drivers truncated so most of them can not even be seen.

I do see that you have an AGP video card type though. You can boot to safe mode + networking to download and install the latest driver for it.

If NVIDIA card - Link Removed - Invalid URL
If ATI card - Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM (Install the latest AGP hotfix driver on the page, instead of the recommended package.)

Other than that, I would update the bios to latest. If it hasn't helped (and it most likely won't) - you'll have to follow this resource about 0x124 errors and the steps/procedures you'll need to take:

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

You would probably be best off after a bios update to install a vanilla Windows as explained in the above link. Then test for a few days or so like this to see how it goes.

Good luck. If you have any questions or anything, let us know please.

Specs:

-Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz
-NVIDIA GeForce 6200 ( i have an onboard video card Standard VGA Graphics Adapter and i keep disabling but it always installs again after i turn on my computer)
-VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
2 hdd
-ST3250310AS ATA Device
-WDC WD2000JB-00GVA0 ATA Device
-WIndows 7 Enterprise 64-bit

and about my bios i been looking around and i just cant find an updated one. i used bios agent plus and it said it was outdated and i looked for an updated and i couldnt find it.. here's the info of bios and motherboard:

BIOS Type: AMI
BIOS Date: December 14th 2006
BIOS ID: Unknown-None
BIOS OEM: 080012
Chipset: VIA 82C314 rev 0
SuperIO: Unknown
Manufacturer: ECS
Motherboard: P4M800PRO-M

-NVIDIA GeForce 6200 ( i have an onboard video card Standard VGA Graphics Adapter and i keep disabling but it always installs again after i turn on my computer)

After updating the bios, you can go into the bios and then disable the onboard vga. Set it to off or disabled.

You can update your video card driver from here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

----------

Install the latest bios for the motherboard, available here:

ECS Web Site

Last edited:
As stated try updating your bios and see how you go.. Let me know how you get on.

I would update the bios to latest. If it hasn't helped (and it most likely won't) - you'll have to follow this resource about 0x124 errors and the steps/procedures you'll need to take:

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

You would probably be best off after a bios update to install a vanilla Windows as explained in the above link. Then test for a few days or so like this to see how it goes.

That's pretty much where it stands, unfortunately. You can post the latest crash dump if you'd like.

Basically and unfortunately, that means there's not much really you could do to test/repair in the proper way(s) as the link has shown.

You have some kind of hardware error - something is simply broken in the system.

I'd start with replacing the video card. If you don't have another, then physically remove the card you have, plug the monitor into the motherboard, then enter the bios and enable the onboard vga. If it doesn't crash at all like this, then you can know for sure the video card is the culprit.

Back