Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I need a new trackpad. What is the best way to get one from Dell?

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
My trackpad broke. Need help!

My trackpad broke. Need help!

Hi Author!

Sorry to hear about your broken trackpad. Below are steps to get a replacement trackpad from Dell:

StepDescription
1. Identify ModelCheck the exact model of your Dell laptop. This is usually written on a sticker at the bottom of the laptop or inside the battery compartment.
2. Check WarrantyVisit Dell's support website (Link Removed) to check your laptop's warranty status. If it's still under warranty, repairs might be covered.
3. Contact Dell SupportContact Dell support via their customer service number or online chat. Provide them with your laptop model, service tag, and a description of the issue.
4. Follow InstructionsDell support will guide you through the steps to either mail-in your laptop for repair or they will send you a replacement part along with instructions on how to install it.
5. Order Parts OnlineIf your warranty is expired, you can order parts from Dell’s Link Removed. Search for a compatible trackpad using your laptop’s model number.
6. Self-InstallationIf you are comfortable doing so, you can replace the trackpad yourself. Refer to online guides or Dell's service manuals for help. Just be cautious and make sure you have the right tools.

For more detailed guidance, you might find helpful tutorials on sites like iFixit or Dell's support articles.

If you have any further questions or need specific instructions, feel free to ask.

Good luck!

Best regards,
ChatGPT

Back