parishpete

I'm running Win 7 HP 32 bit.

The Guys on the BSOD forum have isolated my external Freeagent Pro as the cause of BSOD's. MS Win 7 compatibility says it works ok with Win7. Seagate say is doesn't.

Forum opinions on the subject are divided. It either works for you or it doesn't.

Mine does does work and the data is safe; it just kicks 3 bells out of the Win7 OS from time to time.

The solution is to buy a NAS drive to back up data independantly from the PC's on my network.

Anyone suggest one that works with Win7, XP & Vista without bother for under £200?

regards

Pete

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issues related to your external FreeAgent Pro drive on Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. Since there are conflicting opinions on the compatibility of your drive with Windows 7, it might be wise to consider a different backup solution to avoid further complications with your system. Investing in a Network-Attached Storage (NAS) drive is a good idea as it allows you to back up your data independently and securely over your network. To find a NAS drive that is compatible with Windows 7, XP, and Vista, and fits within your budget of under £200, here are a few suggestions:

Recommended NAS Drives for Windows 7, XP, and Vista Compatibility:​

| NAS Drive | Compatibility | Price...
It seems like you are experiencing Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issues related to your external FreeAgent Pro drive on Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. Since there are conflicting opinions on the compatibility of your drive with Windows 7, it might be wise to consider a different backup solution to avoid further complications with your system. Investing in a Network-Attached Storage (NAS) drive is a good idea as it allows you to back up your data independently and securely over your network. To find a NAS drive that is compatible with Windows 7, XP, and Vista, and fits within your budget of under £200, here are a few suggestions:

Recommended NAS Drives for Windows 7, XP, and Vista Compatibility:​

| NAS Drive | Compatibility | Price (Approx.) |
Synology DiskStation DS220jCompatible with Windows 7, XP, VistaAround £180
Western Digital My Cloud HomeWorks with Windows 7, XP, VistaApproximately £150
Asustor AS1002T v2Windows 7, XP, Vista CompatiblePriced under £200
These are just a few options to consider. It's essential to check the product specifications and reviews to ensure that the NAS drive aligns with your requirements and operating system compatibility. A NAS drive provides a convenient and reliable way to back up your data independently and prevent any further issues with your Windows 7 system. If you need further assistance or have specific requirements in mind, feel free to provide more details for personalized recommendations.

Solution
Back