Windows 7 I need to remove Avira antivirus without logging into windows.

Hello im new

Well I installed Avira antivirus, updated it and then restarted my pc. Then I got a BSOD on the windows logo. Happens everytime.

I installed Avira about a week ago on the same pc and then the same problem occured (I didn't realize it was Avira untill now) I formatted it, but my DVD rom does not work anymore so I can't do that again.

So basically what I need to do is remove Avira without logging into windows. I have tried safe mode and the same problem occurs.

I also tried using "last known working settings" but to no avail. It gives a technical description of the problem.

This is really frustrating since I just got everything on my pc back on track.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

edit: it says bad system config info and gives this awell

STOP: 0x00000074 (0x00000002, 0x8CBE1BA8, 0x00000002, 0xC000014D)

Last edited:
i noticed that in the third row of numbers keep changing on every BSOD
STOP: 0x00000074 (0x00000002, 0x8CBE1BA8, 0x00000002, 0xC000014D)

STOP: 0x00000074 (0x00000002, xxxxxxxxxxx, 0x00000002, 0xC000014D)

Hi.

Please consider this from Microsoft about your 0x74 error:

"Try restarting the computer by selecting "last known good configuration" in the boot options.If the restart does not fix the problem, the registry damage is too extensive. You must reinstall the OS or use the Emergency Repair Disk (ERD) that you previously created by using the Windows Backup tool."

You can press f8 continuosly at startup to get the boot choice screen.

With that being said and/or tried, you may attempt to remove Avira with the special tool found here by booting to safe mode + networking:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Thanks for the reply.
Thing is I tried all the booting methods I could and all of them crash on the windows logo when it's done 'forming'.
I find it very strange that this would happen with Avira since most people have no problem with it, but it happening twice in a row is pretty suspect.
Guess I'll have to format...

Back