Windows 7 i want to take backup my C & D drive with batch file ??????

You Could Have Checked Online But I Checked And Think I Found One That Will Work
Code:

@echo off
:start
XCOPY "C:\Users\Harry\Documents\Test.txt" "C:\Users\Harry\Documents\Batch Tutorials" /w /f /-y
TIMEOUT /t 3600 /nobreak
goto start

Change This Part "C:\Users\Harry\Documents\Test.txt" To The Location Of You The Things You Wanna Back Up
And Change This Part "C:\Users\Harry\Documents\Batch Tutorials" To The Destionation Such As Your External Drive

If You Don`t Know How To Create A Batch File
Right Click On Desktop Go To New And Then Text Document
Type The Code In
Save As Backup.bat
You Can Change Backup To Anything
Then Under The Name There Will Be Save As Type Change It To All Files And Then Press Save
There You Just Created A Batch File

Original Link: http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/299105-batch-file-copy-files-c-drive-usb.html

@echo off
:start
XCOPY "C:\Users\Harry\Documents\Test.txt" "C:\Users\Harry\Documents\Batch Tutorials" /w /f /-y
TIMEOUT /t 3600 /nobreak
goto start

To create a batch file, you need to follow certain steps. Click 'Start' menu, go to 'All Programs', move to 'Accessories' and select 'Notepad' from there.

Enter the commands in the notepad for making batch file. Then, save it with an extension cmd or bat for example:-filename.cmd. Suppose, you want to save your images in E: drive. The batch file for this purpose may be like xcopy 'E:\Documents and Settings\username\My documents\My images' 'D:\ 'Image back up/e/y'. This batch file will make a copy of your images in E: drive and paste it on the folder 'Image backup' on D: drive. If you simple put D:, then the backup file will overlap the existing file. So, always create a new folder and then backup. /e means backup all directories and sub directories whereas /y indicates overwrite on existing files.

Back
Top Bottom