Icons not loading on startup

Right now i am on windows 10 and when i boot up my computer, i log in but then the icons on my desktop will not load. All I see is my wallpaper and my taskbar. I cannot click anything on the taskbar but i can move my mouse around. I wait for about five minutes but nothing ever moves. I end up having to always hold the power button for it to shut down then boot it back up again. That is when it comes back to normal. Anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks

Nimit

Right now i am on windows 10 and when i boot up my computer, i log in but then the icons on my desktop will not load. All I see is my wallpaper and my taskbar. I cannot click anything on the taskbar but i can move my mouse around. I wait for about five minutes but nothing ever moves. I end up having to always hold the power button for it to shut down then boot it back up again. That is when it comes back to normal. Anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks
Have you tried updating your Windows 10? Cleaning the Windows 10 operating system cache though.

ussnorway

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Could be;
Tablet mode, a virus scan or malware... but we are not even close to having all the info to sort this out.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.