Windows 7 ICS in Win7 - issues

Cinderwolf

Hey everyone :)

I'm going to start off by saying that I know for a fact this is -not- a hardware issue as this worked prior to my install of Win7. :) Just bear that in mind is all.

Since making the upgrade to the Win7 RC, things are good. Active internet, use of the system, even tweaks worked (visual elements). But now herein lies my problem.

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
I have my Xbox360 console using a cross over cable to my laptop's NIC port. Now, for all of you nay-sayers, this works as I've been doing this for over a year.
The problem is this: when I enable my NIC/LAN connection, my internet goes down completely. I can't browse the internet, I can't ping out to anysites...total connectivity loss. It's as if Win7 is trying to connect to the internet via the NIC port.

My settings on the NIC port are:
ICS - enabled
IPv4: 192.168.2.1
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: (left completely blank)
_______
Preferred DNS server: 192.168.2.1
Alternate DNS server: (left blank)

I've made sure that Win7 has the WiFi connection listed "above" the NIC in order of connections to use, but still, the moment I enable my NIC, I lose connection, and my wireless connection location changes to "public".'

Any ideas on what gives? I've -NEVER- run into this problem in Vista. I'm running Win7 RC 64-bit.

Back