Windows 7 ICS/Network problem connecting to Xbox 360...

jtech

Hi,
I've had this problem since first installing win7 and its been killing me :confused:. I'm using Windows 7 Home 32 bit. My setup is 2 network cards (no router); the 1st connected to my cable modem, the 2nd directly to my Xbox (using Cat5 cable). I turned on Internet Connection Sharing, made sure my firewall was good, even changed cables, still nothing. Also, when i turn on my Xbox, the Xbox connection comes up as "Unidentified network". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I finally solved the problem :), hopefully this can help someone else. I started by disabling IPv6 and plugging Xbox directly into my modem ((haven't done this since installing Windows 7, cant believe i didnt think of this earlier lol)). Connection was fine, so i wrote down the IP, subnet, gateway and DNS from my 360 (under "Configure Network" on Live Test). Connected modem back to PC and 360 back into NIC for ICS, which reset my config on the 360. I entered the correct config manually on my 360, but had a problem with DNS, so I got the DNS from my LAN connection and put it in, hit "done" and I was connected to Live =). Turned off PC and 360 several times and ICS is still working, only problem is it still comes up as an "Unidentified Network". Anyone know how to fix this?...

Last edited:
Back