Windows 7 IDE DVD drive problems

M4niAc

I have two disk drives. One that uses SATA and an old IDE drive. I was only able to install Windows 7 via the SATA drive and had to disconect the IDE drive to even install.

After installing; I hook my IDE drive back up. Windows will detect it, but the drive is unusable right now.

Does anyone have any solutions?

I have two disk drives. One that uses SATA and an old IDE drive. I was only able to install Windows 7 via the SATA drive and had to disconect the IDE drive to even install.

After installing; I hook my IDE drive back up. Windows will detect it, but the drive is unusable right now.

Does anyone have any solutions?
If it is detected in Disk Management, I'd try formatting (or re-formatting) if you can't assign a drive letter and use it.

Windows 7 does not seem to like ide drives. When i installed it with my ide drive it worked but took forever to install, And after it was installed it took forever to boot. How i solved the problem was to put an ide to sata convertor on the hardrive and it now boot's right up. Go figure. i don't know if anyone else has tried that but it worked for me. By the way it was on a dfi lanparty DK pk35 series board but i assume that it would be the same for any other board that you tried it with. Try that and see what happens and good luck.:)

Back