Windows 7 IDP.alexa.51 removal help?

reynliam350

I have found (IDP.alexa.51) on my computer and AVG is saying that it has infected powershell.exe.
I have also found out that powershell itself in not infected, there is a bat file and another file called "383d1.36D560" that is responsible for it. They replicate itself when a deletion is attempted.

Could I have some help with this? Or just send a free rootkit removal tool?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

hi,
try disconnecting the Amazon Echo device from your wireless network by powering it off. Next, visit trendmicro.com and download their free Rootkit Buster rootkit/Bootkit virus removal tool.. I takes less than 5 min. and should remove any rootkit viruses found; if that's really the case. That bat file probably is inserted by Echo's software. Infection of powershell is a completely different deal; you may have visited sites with your browser such as Ucurrent or Pirate Bay where P2P software likely infected your computer; completely unrelated unless you asked Echo to visit one of these P2P sharing sites and downloaded some infected software into your computer that coincidentally infected your powershell app. This usually requires admin priveleges, so your computer is probably compromised.

After using Rootkit Buster, make sure to power-down your computer after completion and or removal of viruses found to remove any memory-resident viruses. Reboot and recheck your computer. If it's working, you've removed the virus(es) and are now good to go!:up:

If the problem persists, post back and we'll provide you with more aggressive software repairs.

Best,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

I would grab another free scanner such as malware bytes and confirms it's a real infection. It's possible it's a false positive reported by AVG.

Good idea, Neem! Also, AVG is no longer free and hasn't been for 10 years so many people use it but it's not really active or only partially active, so false positives are often reported since your AVG is out of date by months or years. We had this problem at the Junior College I taught at 10 years ago with AVG. We had a site-wide license and had it installed on 14,000 computers. AVG began reporting lots of apps as having virus infections, and the College's IT department was running around to all 100 campuses dispatching Techs to handle the problems reported by users, such as Instructors and Staff. It was determined that the switchover from free to paid version of AVG was causing much of the problem. It took over a year to update all those computers to the paid version of AVG and the problem was supposed to have been fixed. Unfortunately, even after the 14,000 computers had been updated the reports of false positives drove the IT department nuts as they had a pretty small staff of Techs (less than 6), so they finally ditched it and went with something else.:iee: This is a well documented issue with AVG and very few Fortune500 companies or Universities/Colleges run it at all anymore. There are at least 10 better AV products than AVG out there including Norton, Avast, McAfee, TrendMicro, EMSIsoft, Webroot, etc. I might suggest you look at one of those and get rid of your AVG; whether you have the paid or free version, it's no Bueno!:noway:

P.S. Also, the paid version of AVG current product is full of security holes, and is not stopping the newest WannyCry or WannaCrypt Ransomware that locks up all your files and data and demands $300 in ransom to get it unlocked.:down: Even a better reason to get rid of it! Most of the serious players in home security protection software have inserted antidotes into their software for this, but not AVG. They have made no announcements that their software has been updated to fight this latest threat (it's been all over TV and newsmedia this month). At least I haven't seen it, and it's my business to keep up with this sort of issue.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

To BIGBEARJEDI:
I have no Amazon Echo devices at all so... meh...
I'll try rootkit buster later.

To NEEMOBEER:
I tryed malware bytes and Avast, they both tagged it as a rootkit, then I realized that my virus definitions were outdated, then scanned after updating, they no longer say that there is an infection but the file us still there.

To BIGBEARJEDI pt2:
The only AVG product I have is Tuneup Utils... Is there a better/free version than it?

Also forgot to add that I'm currently at school and the net-admins said they blocked my pc from wired network because my pc attem[ted to connect to a botnet... the files in the original post was responsible.

Back