Windows 7 IE8 Passes the ACID2 test!

Matt

AcidTest2.PNG

As a team, we’ve spent the last year heads down working hard on IE8. Last week, we achieved an important milestone that should interest web developers. IE8 now renders the “Acid2 Faceâ€ÂÂ￾ correctly in IE8 standards mode.
While blog posts and links to videos are a good start, publicly available code is even better. We will have a lot more information available at sessions at MIX08 and will release a beta of IE8 in the first half of calendar 2008.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2007/12/19/internet-explorer-8-and-acid2-a-milestone.aspx

Time to rejoice! :tiphat: :toot:

You know what I acctually like IE7... it is one of the simplest browsers out there. It's so much easyer to teach people how to use. I hope they keep the simplisty there in IE8.

There is a browser that I have never ever used. What do you like about it? Is there anything unusal about it?

Well tab browsing is much simpler,it never opens up another window,there are updates every 2weeks...idon't know the difference between Ie and avant,because i didn't use IE since 5 months...

Well, I never found firefox or opera hard to use. As for being simple, I think MS wants their stuff to be usable by all types of people.

Chaoswarrior: I also never heard of that browser, I'll check it out. ;)

Windows Vista seems pretty simple to me, and the Zune is extremely simple, simpler that the iPod and iTunes.

Back