IE8 some web sites don't load. Vista IE7 OK

Hi guys
This doesn't have a problem with Firefox but some websites just don't load in IE8
for example (might work for you however)

Same problem in Vista X-64 -- IE7 was OK however.

SAP developer network - SAP is very large ERP software - don't worry if you don't know or have never used it but it's HUGE in large corporations and does everything from Finance ti E-recruiting and portals

Here's the URL of what won't load -- IE8 just says DONE but no screen

https://www.sdn.sap.com/

No prob on firefox -- might be something to do with certificate or the https protocol
Any idea anyone

Cheers
jimbo

reghakr

Essential Member
I tried it in IE8 and got the Intenet Explorer cannot display this page.

As you said, Firefox has no problem and doesn\t even ask for a certificate.

I've visited some other secure sites and they work fine.

I also tried your link and got a cannot connect message.....

I've also found another website that doesn't work right with IE 8....it works fine with FireFox, but with IE 8, when I try to read a message, a white screen pops up and blocks the page. This is at a site called "Ranger-Forums" where they talk about Ford Ranger trucks....here's the link...

Ranger-Forums.com

:confused:

Other than this one website, IE 8 is working great for me !!

Last edited:
Cannot access specific urls with IE8 on Windows 7

I cannot access the same url, www.sdn.sap.com, nor can I access SAPs Service Marketplace within IE8. Very annoying.

Jim

reghakr

Essential Member
OK, but my Windows 7 machine is currently down so I don't know if this option is available in Windows 7

Try going to Control Panel > System, click Advanced Settings, the under Performance click Settings. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab and turn off DEP for Internet Explorer. If it's not in the list, browse to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer and select iexplore.exe to add it to the list.

Again, I'm basing this on Vista's help file, so it may be a little different in Windows 7.

Hi all -- the RC1 version of IE8 fixes the problem (both on VISTA and W7 Build 7022). Also works on XP for those interested --you can download IE8 RC1 for VISTA and XP.

IE8 RC1 is integrated into W7 Build 7022 (only 32 bit version available).

Cheers
jimbo

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.