Windows 10 I'm having a BSOP storm in my PC

mathesantos

Hi, I've been having several BSODs in Win10 lately (Screenshot 1), some say CACHE_MANAGER (NTFS.sys 0x34), others say DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, others System_service_exception, Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap, etc... They happen randomly, sometimes when I turn the PC on, sometimes when im playing or watching videos, editing in Photoshop, etc, and often there isnt even a BSOD, the PC just crashes and I'm forced to reboot. I've tried everything, changing the GPU, doing several RAM tests (memtest86, windows test, etc), using software, all windows tests like scannow and chkdsk, and even reinstalling Win10 from scratch, and still have the crashes and BSODs. The last BS was CACHE_MANAGER - NTFS.sys, code 0x34 (screenshot 2). I want to know whats happening to my computer, because even after testing drivers, RAM, storage, etc, I still have this problems. Please help me fix this! Any response will be appreciated.

PS: I don't think is the PSUs fault, because I've had this PC working for a year without errors, and they started without switching any hardware.

1- Gyazo - 52f789194e71343e122742e911787360.png
2 -Gyazo - b154d72eaf84a593a0f81e434c0a37eb.png
Specs:
ASUS Strix GTX 1080 OC edition
i7 7700K (no OC still)
2X4GB HyperX 2133MHz DDR4
Corsair CX600w
Gigabyte H110M-H
500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO
1TB Seagate Blue

Attachments

• W7F Diagnostic Tool.zip
    109.2 KB · Views: 265
Hi Mathesantos,

unfortunately no dump files were included in your zip folder. You need to run the diagnostic tool as administrator, click grab all and then post the results.
I see your running an SSD, are you running under ACHI or IDE?

Hi Mathesantos,

unfortunately no dump files were included in your zip folder. You need to run the diagnostic tool as administrator, click grab all and then post the results.
I see your running an SSD, are you running under ACHI or IDE?
I run the diagnostic tool as administrator, and click on grab all, but there is no files created or nothing, so I don't know what to send. There is only one dump file in the computer (I don't know why most BSODs aren't creating dump files) and is in the second Gyazo (screenshot 2) that I posted before. I'm running the SSD in AHCI mode, as it is shown to me in Magician/AS SSD.

Make sure memory dumps are enabled. You can run this reg file to configure/enable them.

Attachments

• enable-dumps.zip
    501 bytes · Views: 245
I run the diagnostic tool as administrator, and click on grab all, but there is no files created or nothing, so I don't know what to send. There is only one dump file in the computer (I don't know why most BSODs aren't creating dump files) and is in the second Gyazo (screenshot 2) that I posted before. I'm running the SSD in AHCI mode, as it is shown to me in Magician/AS SSD.
Hi,
make sure your settings are set like thus:
If there doesn't appear to be any dump files then you'll need to change your settings so that they're created when the machine bsods.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Another reason for no dump file creation can be a lack of pagefile.

Have you disabled or changed yours? (you need .800mb at least of pagefile)

Hi,
make sure your settings are set like thus:
If there doesn't appear to be any dump files then you'll need to change your settings so that they're created when the machine bsods.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Another reason for no dump file creation can be a lack of pagefile.

Have you disabled or changed yours? (you need .800mb at least of pagefile)

Done! I'm not much of a PC guy, so I don't really know how to change pagefile.

I don't really know how to change pagefile.
Chances are then is that it's fine but I'll include a screenshot of what to look for. Just make sure it's 'system managed':
pagefile.jpg

Back