Windows 7 I'm having some latency problems.

help

I have the Windows 7 64 bit OS and have a sound delay from when i play on an instrument to when it comes out of the speakers. When I try to record multiple tracks, there's no way to match them up. I never had this problem with XP. So if you think you could help I would greatly appreciate it. I've wasted a lot of time trying to figure this out.

I'm just trying to run it in real time through my speakers, but I use Realtec audio hd.

Last edited:
It's for recording tracks, but the sound doesn't match up to what I'm playing so it's impossible to record multiple tracks.

Are you playing through the stereo mix? You should be able to enable it in the speaker settings.

I have the Windows 7 64 bit OS and have a sound delay from when i play on an instrument to when it comes out of the speakers. When I try to record multiple tracks, there's no way to match them up. I never had this problem with XP. So if you think you could help I would greatly appreciate it. I've wasted a lot of time trying to figure this out.

i feel your pain. i'm on my second dell laptop in the last 2 months. both with a second of latency between my instrument and my soundcard. i can use the laptop to record "jams" being that it's not multitracking. if i want to do clean-ups such as overdubs, i have to transfer the files to my desktop pc (it's 7 years old, runs xp, and gives me less hassel than my new and more powerful laptop). i've come to conclusion after scouring the internet for every and any possible solution, that there isn't one. so back to the hunt. i'll post something if i find anything.

have ya'll tried "ASIO4ALL" - generic drivers that really help with latency. Also an interface is helpful - do you use any interface? I have a Boss GS-10 (USB) and a Presonus INSPIRE (firewire) and both work flawlessly on my Windows 7 laptop and my Mac G5. I record a lot using Logic Studio 9 on my Mac and on my laptop using Sonar Producer 8.5 and Presonus's Studio One Pro.

Back