Windows 7 I'm just looking for a quick clarification

JLUSN

Haven't seemed to be able to find my answer easily and quickly, so I thought of asking here.

I have Windows XP 32-bit.

I have a 64-bit processor.

I do a lot of gaming, and I've heard that a 64-bit processor could be bottlenecked by a 32-bit Operating System. Therefore, I'd like to upgrade to the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

This is how I understand it: Those who already have Windows XP or Vista installed on their machine and registered are eligible for the "upgrade" version, which is cheaper in contrast to the "full" version.

The "full" version requires $200 or so, and this is the version you buy if say, you've never bought a Windows operating system before. Yes, no?

1. Considering the fact I already have Windows XP, I'm eligible for that upgrade version, yes?
2. I have the 32-bit version of Windows XP Home. If I wanted a 64-bit version of Windows 7, I could still buy the "upgrade" version without paying the extra money for the "full" version, right?

Or will I be charged extra and be forced to pay for the "full" version because of the transition from 32-bit to 64-bit? Thank you very much.

Back