Windows 7 I'm so lost!

Cindy Jones

Hello!

I am getting pretty frustrated with Internet Explorer :computer: and hope to find some help here as I have called Microsoft and I do not have $99 laying around to take a chance they can help me! I have also called my DSL provider and they want to charge me $40 lol! These are the errors I am getting after I click on my E to go into the internet...I don't use Google Chrome..had too many problems with that too...the page takes a few minutes to load..I can see my browser bar go in and out...then I get this message: Internet explorer has stopped working...Internet Explorer is looking for a solution...then at the bottom I get this error: "A problem with this webpage has caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab":mad: I have done everything I know to do...I have researched so much and leaned a little along the way but nothing I do is helping the problem. I also have Norton 360 as my virus protection thru my DSL provider...Comcast...and have installed their toolbar. My computer is almost a year old and I don't download things to overload it so....One thing I have come across is my firewall might not be set right and I can't fix it, tells me Norton 360 is controlling it. Can someone help me please or if there is more info I need to give...let me know!

Hello and welcome to the forum.
My first suggestion would be to take Norton / Symantec products completely out of the equation.
Uninstall it using the programs and features applet in the control panel. Then follow that up by running the vendor specific proprietary removal tool from here https://www-secure.symantec.com/nor...roduct=home&pvid=f-home&version=1&lg=en&ct=us
Replace it with MSE from here Link Removed due to 404 Error
You'll likely be prompted during the install about turning on the Windows Firewall, answer in the affirmative.
See if those steps have any impact on your current problem and we can proceed from there.
Regards
Randy

Back