Windows 7 Inactive windows pop up over active window help please

Vagablonde

I have both a windows vista and win 7 laptop
while using the computer if more then one window is open
the inactive windows will pop up over the foreground window
maybe part of a new windows feature..???
I dont think its a malware issue its present on both laptops one being brand new
it makes working on the computers rather hard ...please help

Last edited:
There have been situations similar to this where a external device plugged into the system was at fault. If I remember correctly, it was some type of flash drive. If you have anything like that, try removing it.

Hi saltgrass..we meet again..The issue is prest with no flash drive plugged in..I do use a Logitech mouse that has a usb receiver
could this possibly be cause such a issue??

A mouse had not done something like that as far as I know. Make sure the batteries are good.

I think they call what is happening is a change of focus so you might look for solutions for that. Do you have the mouse set to automatically move to the active window

thanks saltgrass..yes this seems to happen even with new batteries
as far as the settings you mention automatically move to the active window ..I will look for that
Im not aware ever to see such settings,So I will have to look..
change of focus..ahh thank you I knew it must have a specific name,that can at least help me in a direction
go well saltgrass..thanks again

I just checked the mouse I dont have such a settings..but it tells me when the battery is low..slick huh

Last edited:
It seems something has to be causing an inactive window to wake up. Do you have the Task Bar hidden normally? Could you be hitting a key or touchpad and causing it? Do you have any hotkeys setup? These windows that pop up, are they just in the background, or minimized?

You might keep Task Manager open and watch the performance page with the CPU column set to show the highest activity at the top. Maybe when a window pops up you could see something running.

Back
Top Bottom