Windows 8 Inserting and Populating a Column in a Folder

zabberwan

Extraordinary Member
Hello Folks,
Haven't been around here for a while, but must say the face-lift looks neat and sexy!
I have a question, but am unable to really place it in a particular forum (or category) since it is sort a windows/office/computing question. So, please feel free to move it to the appropriate forum. And since I'm working on Windows 8, I am posting it here, not knowing better..
I have a small series of tuts that I have stored on my computer and each of which came with a Title, Length, Date Modifies, File Type etc., but there are no Authors. So under VIEW I can insert a column: Author. This new column however, remains non-populated. I am prepared to enter the name of each author manually, but I don't know how to do this, since I can't access the column in a way that I could edit it or make an entry inside it.
Anyone how to do this?
Thanks for any suggestions and warm regards to all,

zabberwan

Do you have NAME in the column?
If yes, why not edit the name to include the author.... right click at Name of each file > select Rename > enter the author name.

Last edited:
Yes, that's an idea to get around. Thanks for the suggestion.

However, it would be nice to know if there was / is a way to populate/edit a new column.

Till then I will definitely use your work around.

And have a nice evening (?) in the meantime..

Last edited:
I don't think you can edit the Author column. I think if the file contains the name of the author, then it will copy it to Author column.
I am not sure about that.

You are welcome.
I'm in Eastern Time Zone. It's 2:15 pm as I post this.

Back
Top Bottom