Windows 8 Install office 2010 on Windows 8 Tablet

Stevo67

I'm looking to buy a Samsung Ativ Smart Pc, which has Windows 8 on it. I have a full copy of Office 2010 which has three licenses, with just one used on my desktop.

How can I install Office 2010 onto the tablet. The only option I can see is to use the Add New Features in Windows 8 and when it asks for the product key use the key provided with Office 2010 disc. I assume this will allow me to download Office 10 onto the tablet.

Can anyone either confirm this is the case or explain how I can install Office 10 from the disc onto the tablet.

I know I could buy a tablet with Windows RT, but none of these, Surface included, are of the spec I'm looking for and I like the idea of using the Spen, but the ability to put Office 10 at no extra cost could be a deal breaker.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I would think that provided that we're talking about either the 32 or 64 bit version of Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro the installation of the Office Suite should be pretty straight forward.
You may have to copy the files from the media you have to a media resource that your computer (tablet) supports but other than that I don't see any problem. You say you have the proper licenses so I think you are good to go, unless I'm missing something, you should be able to use a USB thumb drive or even a network share to run the setup.exe file.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom