Install ROS on Windows

xavier12358

I try to install ROS on Windows using that instruction:

When I had to install Windows Package Manager I get that error:

C:\Windows\System32>@"%SystemRoot%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" -NoProfile -InputFormat None -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))" && SET "PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin"
Accès refusé.

I also try to run the prompt as admin I get the error "Access denied"

The error message you encountered suggests that you do not have the necessary permissions to run the command. However, there are a few potential solutions you can try:

1. Run the Command Prompt as Administrator: Right-click on the Command Prompt icon and select "Run as administrator." This will grant you the necessary permissions to execute the command. If you still encounter an "Access Denied" error, proceed to the next steps.

2. Disable User Account Control (UAC): Windows UAC can sometimes restrict certain actions, including running commands as administrator. To disable UAC temporarily, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Search for "User Account Control" in the search box and click on "Change User Account Control settings."
- Drag the slider to the lowest level (Never Notify) and click on OK.
- Restart your computer and repeat step 1 to run the Command Prompt as administrator.

3. Use PowerShell: Instead of running the command in the Command Prompt, try executing it in PowerShell. Here's how:
- Open PowerShell as an administrator.
- Copy and paste the following command, and press Enter:
```powershell
iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))
```
- After the execution is complete, close PowerShell and try running the Command Prompt as an administrator again.

4. Install Chocolatey manually: If the above solutions didn't work, you can try manually installing Chocolatey:
- Visit the Chocolatey website at .
- Under the "Installing Chocolatey" section, you'll find a command similar to the one that failed earlier.
- Copy the command and open an Administrator Command Prompt.
- Paste and execute the command to install Chocolatey.

Once you have successfully installed Chocolatey, continue with the instructions on the ROS installation page to install ROS on Windows.

Even if you are an administrator on your system, you must still select the 'Run As Administrator' to run commands elevated otherwise they execute as a normal user.

1694535065972.png

Back
Top Bottom