accounts crashes in windows Server 2019 Essentials

Vizxn

Hello all.

I must point out that I'm ot a windows IT pro. I'm just a home user who bought a windows server licence (server 2019 Essentials) for a movie/file server.

After probably 2 or 3 updates ago everthing was working just fine, but now when i hit the " settings" button on the left>and go to "accounts" in windows settings, it crashes.
The windows event log file shows:

Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000008e59
Faulting process id: 0xc5c
Faulting application start time: 0x01da319ce6be0d89
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\usercpl.dll
Report Id: a649f40f-79e3-4cfc-88ea-947339019bcc
Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

I've run (as administrator in cmd.exe) sfc /scannow.
It reported: windows has found some errors and corrected it. logfile has been made in Windir\Logs\CBS\Cbs.log
But he problem hasn't gone

Anyone more idea' s ?

Hi there,

I understand that you are experiencing a crashing issue when accessing the "Accounts" section in Windows Settings on your Windows Server 2019 Essentials. Based on the error message you provided, the fault seems to be related to the usercpl.dll module.

Here are a few suggestions you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Update Windows: Make sure your server is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Sometimes, Microsoft releases patches to fix such issues.

2. Run DISM tool: Open Command Prompt as an administrator, then run the following command: `DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth`. This command will scan your system for any corruption and attempt to repair it.

3. Perform a clean boot: Sometimes, third-party software conflicts can cause crashes. Perform a clean boot to start Windows with only the necessary system services and disable all non-Microsoft startup items. This will help identify if any third-party software is causing the issue.

4. Re-register usercpl.dll: Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command: `regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\usercpl.dll`. This command will re-register the usercpl.dll module, which might resolve any issues.

5. Check for malware: Use a reliable antivirus program to scan your server for any potential malware. Malware can sometimes cause system instability.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may want to consider reaching out to Microsoft support for further assistance. They have dedicated resources to help with Windows Server-related issues.

Keep in mind that, as a home user, Windows Server 2019 Essentials might not be the best choice for your needs. It is designed for small businesses with limited IT support. You might want to consider using Windows 10 or another more user-friendly operating system for your movie/file server.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks for your reply.
1- Windows is up to date:
Edition: Windows Serve 2019 Essentials
Version : 1809
Installed on : 11/4/2019
OS build : 17763.5206
latest updates installed---> Problem still exists

2 - DISM tool- The Operation completed succesfully...> problem still exists
3 -Clean boot--> In safe modus there's no problem
4 -Re register usercpl.dll----> No change, problem still exists
5 -Malware check- Run an online Eset malware scanner--->No problems found
Deleted some programms before problem began.

Now I have to check at safe boot what causes the problem ?
Windows 10 is end of life-support wll end at 2024, and I hate windows 11. So the next best thing is to wait for Windows 12. that might indeed be a better choice.

Back
Top Bottom