Windows 7 Installation doesnt quite work

iSTEVEO93

For the past week or so, I have been trying to install windows 7 home premium 32bit.
I ran the Advisory and it said my intel management engine interface isnt compatible.
I ignored that conflict and still tried to install windows 7.
This is what happened after the first few steps of running the dvd.
SCREENSHOT OF THE ERROR CODE

I have a Gateway Desktop, Model number is GM5632E
running with Windows Vista:" Home Premium
and my proccesor is a Intel Core 2 quad

What should I try doing next in order to install windows 7 home premium?

Thanks to whoever helps.

Last edited:
Intel management engine--I am not familiar with that, but if the compatibility checker says it will not work, maybe you could uninstall it. Reinstall it later, after the upgrade if there is a Windows 7 or even possibly a Vista Version..

Ok, I disabled the IME and finally that error before wasnt appearing. I then got past the Upgrade/Custom selection, everything was going fine. The installation was in process and then out of nowhere I get this, SCREENSHOT OF ERROR

Anyone care to suggest what to do next?

Is this a two disk upgrade from Dell?

Or was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?

It is a store copy, The package contains 2 disks (32bit) and (64bit) versions.
This is the 3rd time I tried running the installation today and all failed due to the error code 0x80070570

Suggestions?

I would perform a "clean" install.
That's one thing im trying not do. I have way to many important files, programs, music that I have stored on here. Is there not a way around it by still using the "UPGRADE" option?

What else can you turn off in the Bios, like the network adapter or possibly a modem or audio or whatever you do not need during the actual install...

Do you have a second partition you could move the install files to and run them from there?

Yes,. its a pain to re-install apps (I've done it many times myself)

Write down a list of apps to re-install

I hope you've kept the zip file so you can re-install them

Also remember to copy anything you may have saved from the programs in the C:\Program Files directory.

This will resolve conflicts

Alrighty guys, I transfered all my files on a seperate hard drive I just purchased.
As you guys told me to try the "CLEAN INSTALL/CUSTOM" method and moments into the installation process the error code still popped up and basically cancelled the installation as it previously was doing before.

Since you just installed that hard drive,. it may have taken over priority from the other drive

Not sure about this one, but it;s worth a try:

1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD
2. Restart your computer
3. When asked if you want to boot from your DVD drive, do so.
4. Choose your language, click Next.
5. Click 'Repair your computer'
6. Select operating system you want repair.

Select the Command Prompt option from the recovery menu
At the command prompt, change the drive to your optical drive
type: x:\setup.exe

My Google search revealed this a s a common problem with the RC,., but not the purchased disks.

Have you tried the 64-bit version?

It could be a corrupt disk also.

Could you please fill in your computer specs in the UserCP link at the top left hand side of the page.

This freeware program will give you all the information you will need:

SIV (System Information Viewer) 4.03

Last edited:
WOW,.:eek:

That not really what I had in mind.

I need to know all about you hardware including make and model

You can input this information in the UserCP link at the top left hand side of the page.

That's just too difficult to read.

WOW,.:eek:

That not really what I had in mind.

I need to know all about you hardware including make and model

You can input this information in the UserCP link at the top left hand side of the page.

That's just too difficult to read.

Alrighty, Specs are updated.
More advice, anyone?

So I take it my last post didn't work..

Could you post a screen shot of Disk Management?

False call fellas, I was up all night figuring out ways to make the installation work and finally i found out the correct way.
Reghakr, in one of your previous posts on another thread was to add some type of variable in the "Enviroment Variables".
I just simply added in the variables you told some other user to use and I did the same and eventually wokred withouht a problem.

Only thing missing now is my driver for my 2nd hard drive that first orgianally came with the desktop.

Oh and I found my exact Computer Sepcs from the Gateway site
...http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1014739R/1014739Rsp2.shtml

Maybe someone can help me somehow to find a way to setup my 2nd hard drive because when i installed windows 7 it never seemed to load it in. I never opened up the desktop so the 2nd hard drive was never disconnected.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom