Windows 7 Installation hangs at copying windows files 0%

deanoamino

I have tried to install windows 7 64 bit on a asus k50ij running vista 64 bit. I am installing from an upgrade disk that was mailed to me because i bought the laptop shortly before the release. The installation always hangs at Copying Windows Files 0% I ran the upgrade advisor and uninstalled any software the asus website recommended. I have tried both upgrade and clean install. What could the problem be?

windows 7 fatal error expanding files, fails to install

I have tried to install windows 7 64 bit on a asus k50ij running vista 64 bit. I am installing from an upgrade disk that was mailed to me because i bought the laptop shortly before the release. The installation always hangs at Copying Windows Files 0% I ran the upgrade advisor and uninstalled any software the asus website recommended. I have tried both upgrade and clean install. What could the problem be?

Dear Friends after much headache windows 7 installed.. the problem was my DVD drive was not getting a clean file copy from the installation disk.. It would hang at 2% or 0% or some other part of the dowload and it was taking a huge amount of time to expand the files.... Switching drives too a newer Sony DVD R/W solved the problem.. the file expansion should take around 7 or 8 minutes with a 64 bit windows 7 installation and a good solid mother board and processor... You will further notice there is no email program in this windows 7.. download it free in the form of windows live mail from http download.live.com... after you install that email program you must press keys " Alt M " to get the tool bar to appear at the top of the windows live mail program.... Then windows live mail will work like windows mail, I HOPE ! ! ! hope this helps someone out there... so far Windows 7 looks to be a real HOT item. works like a charm... James Parsons

Back
Top Bottom