Windows 7 installation help asap! :(

someshbun

hello ppl,

i have an iso image of windows 7 all in one

i put it on a pen drive using windows 7 usb/dvd tool

rebooted the system

installation came but i am not able to install 64 bits windows 7 ..it tells me to do custom installation and a compatibility report comes when i choose upgrade.

what does custom installation means ? will it format d and e drives along with c drive? what will it format?

i have a windows 7 professioanal 32 bits os

if i have to do custom installation can i do it for 64 bits ultimate version since its better i guess

means can i go from 32 bits professional to 64 bits ultimate?

please help!

i have d and e drives that i need to be safe..what is old.windows folder? will it save my d and e drive contents??

Hi,
a 'custom' install is basically a fresh or clean install and will wipe the C drive only. If your running 32bit os and want to change to 64bit then you'll need to perform a custom install as opposed to a 'upgrade' install. An upgrade install is where you just pop the install DVD in the drive and follow the prompts. To perform a custom install you'll need to enter the bios and change the boot order so you boot off the windows media whether it be a DVD or thumb drive. That means changing the boot order so that either the DVD drive or thumb drive, whichever holds the os, is first.

Back
Top Bottom