Windows 7 installation on WD 500 cavier blue

samirgupta

I have installed windows 7 from bootable USB on an old HDD(80 GB) segate and now tryin to install the same on new 500GB western digital and cannot complete sometimes it cannot configure the components and sometimes it cannot detect the ACPI.sys file after reboot... Please someone help..Is it the problemwith motherboard or HDD I have already replaced the HDD twice and the same problem it passes all the tests also.. In some thread I saw someone had solved it creating fat32 partiotion and installing it.. but how to create fat32 through windos it can only create ex-fat...

You might check to make sure you have the SATA controllers turned on in the bios.

Check the device manager to see if you show any problem devices.

You might also check the bios updates for your system to see if any of them mention SATA controllers.

The IDE drive may keep itself as the primary drive, so installation would look to it first. If you have not already done so, unplug the IDE drive during the install.

You might check to make sure you have the SATA controllers turned on in the bios.

Check the device manager to see if you show any problem devices.

You might also check the bios updates for your system to see if any of them mention SATA controllers.

The IDE drive may keep itself as the primary drive, so installation would look to it first. If you have not already done so, unplug the IDE drive during the install.

I have tried that and by the way both my HDD old and the new one are SATA. It installs in old one and doesnot in new one. It shows windows cannot configure one or components or sometimes windows cannot install on this hardware... I have downloaded the update for my bios but to run it it is a .ROM file.

Back