Installing a new dictionary for office 2010

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Software' started by quas, Aug 15, 2012.

1. quas

quas Senior Member

Hello, I am trying to install a Romanian dictionary (which doesn't come together with the office 2010 default installation), but I keep getting a very message at same stage, something like: the installation has encountered an error, and no other details regarding the problem.
    I have a windows 7 pro 64x, I've downloaded the 64 version of the dictionary (language pack), because the office is x64 also; I tried to install it from a privileged user and I guess that's it.

Any help please? Thanks!

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

The download could be corrupted or bad. Have you tried any other Romanian dictionary sites for download? Have you gone to MS Office 2010 website for any possible downloads/add-ons for that. I also found this...may be of some use..

How to add a custom dictionary in Word

3. quas

quas Senior Member

Well, to be honest, I only googled the romanian dictionary and then I downloaded the version from the first or second result that showed up. The thing is it already works on my desktop, but it doesn't work on my laptop, and I don't know why.

I don't think the link helps much - it just tells me how add a dictionary manually, but it makes reference to a .dic file, which I don't have - I only have an executable kit.
    The other solution, important another dictionary is a little harder now, because my desktop is in a different place and I don't have access to it momentarily.

4. DarianLanthier

DarianLanthier New Member

DarianLanthierDarianLanthierDarianLanthierDarianLanthier