Windows 7 Installing Games (No way to see Window for 2nd game CD)

fastz28camaro81

So...

I'm trying to install FEAR 2, (Applies to any program with more than 1 DVD) and that window that pops up asking me to "insert Disc 2" doesn't pop up so i can click okay, after I insert the 2nd CD, it appears in the thumbnail preview, and when I click on it to bring it up, it just takes me back to the main install window, where it shows the progress.

so there's no way to install the game, because I can't continue the install.

I've experienced this with another program, and I was able to get to it, by right clicking on the thumbnail preview of it, and clicking move, then I could move it to where I can see it.

the only solution I think would be to be able to make the main install window so it doesn't take up the full screen, then I could move it out of the way to get to the little box.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Try opening your DVD Drive in My Computer and looking for an exe file that allows you to proceed.

So...

I'm trying to install FEAR 2, (Applies to any program with more than 1 DVD) and that window that pops up asking me to "insert Disc 2" doesn't pop up so i can click okay, after I insert the 2nd CD, it appears in the thumbnail preview, and when I click on it to bring it up, it just takes me back to the main install window, where it shows the progress.

so there's no way to install the game, because I can't continue the install.

I've experienced this with another program, and I was able to get to it, by right clicking on the thumbnail preview of it, and clicking move, then I could move it to where I can see it.

the only solution I think would be to be able to make the main install window so it doesn't take up the full screen, then I could move it out of the way to get to the little box.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

It's all good now, I just gave the installation another go, and this time the Window popped up properly so I can click okay after inserting the 2nd DVD. :)

what I was going to do if I had the same problem again was to press CTRL+SHIFT, and then right click on the window in the thumbnail, and that should also let me move it so I can see it.

Back