Windows 7 Installing windows 7 on ubuntu

nkapur3

I am having some trouble installing Windows 7 on Ubuntu 8.04. I am planning on removing Ubuntu and doing a clean install, but when I get to the part where it shows the drive partitions, it displays that they are not in the correct format and I cannot continue. How would I change the format of the partition to allow the install to be clean?

Any and all help is appreciated :)
Thanks!

window 7 rebooting

I upgrade my computer to win 7 its was working ok i shut it down the next day i turn on and it won't reboot what should i do plz HELP!!!!!.:confused::mad::( The messeage is BOOTMGR COMPRESSED

motherboard-- ASUS--P5QL-EM

intel---DUO-CORE 2

2GB DDR2

Last edited:
I am having some trouble installing Windows 7 on Ubuntu 8.04. I am planning on removing Ubuntu and doing a clean install, but when I get to the part where it shows the drive partitions, it displays that they are not in the correct format and I cannot continue. How would I change the format of the partition to allow the install to be clean?

Any and all help is appreciated :)
Thanks!
Hello! I would backup all my files (music, documents, photos, etc.). Then run the Ubuntu live CD, format the hard drive to NTFS, then try the Win 7 install again. All should be well. I would also think that the Win 7 install would give you "Drive Options" that would allow you to delete the partitions you have on your hard drive, then install Windows. Good luck!

I upgrade my computer to win 7 its was working ok i shut it down the next day i turn on and it won't reboot what should i do plz help.:confused::mad::(
Hello. You need to supply more information, such as your computer specs. Sounds like a hardware issue.:)

Back