Windows XP Installing Windows XP By USB

Can I Install Windows xp with these steps:
1.put usb
2. open my computer and run the installation by usb
3. and proceed normally with the setup wihtout error?

A conditional maybe.... If you wish to upgrade from say for instance Windows 2000 Pro.

What is your current setup? What are you attempting to accomplish?

Provided you have a Windows XP disc that contains Service Pack 3 integrated you should be able to perform and inplace upgrade repair without much problem.
When you click the Setup.exe you should receive a prompt to upgrade and I believe it will perform a check and warn you if there are native incompatibility issues as I recall.
From experience, as I recall, you may want to uninstall PowerShell if present as well as remove IE 8 and revert back to IE 7 or 6 might even be better.

This link may help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978788

Before you created the USB flash drive with Windows XP ISO file, you would need to have formatted the Flash Drive with FAT32.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

And of course your machine (which we know absolutely nothing about) must be capable of booting from a USB device.
Many older machines did not have that capability as I recall.

WOW.... this thread was dormant for a while. Last time the OP was here was almost 8 months ago.

Hello everyone. I am installing Win XP from usb flash drive and I have this problem.
Can someone help me pleas
IMG_6224.JPG

USB working correctly in a different machine. HDD not problem.
I think problem are on the bios but i can find it :mad3:

If I install Win XP 2016 update version google chrome update again will have a problem?
To be honest i can't say for sure either way but I imagine as long as XP is fully updated then you might be ok.

So do did you manage to install xp again?

Did you try creating a Dos v6.x bootable USB drive or a W98 USB bootable drive? If those don't work, your USB port controller chip could be bad.:waah: Can you read a USB flash drive that has data files such as photos or word documents on it? If you can't do this, and the USB drive can be read on another working Windows PC, that XP computer may have a bad Mobo or at least the USB controller could be bad. XP machines can be as old as 15 years old (2001); and we don't know what you have. Computer that old often have failing Mobos especially if it's a laptop.
Since the USB drive works on a different machine; it's almost for sure a hardware failure or a BIOS setting (did you make sure that your BIOS is set to legacy and it's enabled in all spots in the BIOS?) Different BIOSes have different locations to do this; some have multiple settings on different pages you have to enable. You can double check that, and if you get no love--I suggest that it's time to junk that PC. BTW, why can't you just reinstall XP from a CD disk via a CD/DVD disc drive in the machine or use an external drive??:question:

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

I am beginner for computer programming and I am learning still.
All thanks your answers.
I often meeting problem like this and if you helps me small I think I will learn a lot and I will very thankful for you all ;););)
And sorry for my English language :):):)

Back