Windows 7 Instant Messenger doesn't work in Win7 (for me)

Mixstar

Hi guys,

Since installing Win7 Professional I haven't been able to use Instant Messenger. Everything looks fine, I can see my contacts online and they can see me but I can't message them.

I'm wondering if it is anything to do with a firewall problem although I can't see anything untoward and I'm using NOD32 if that helps?

Thanks

Mix

Edit: Since the above I found a third party piece of kit to un-install messenger and ran it and it was gone. I tried installing two different versions of IM and neither worked, but . . .

I found a third party messenger here called aMSN (there is a more up to date version than the one listed on the front page) I installed it and it worked perfectly first time, in fact, better than that there are no damned adverts either!! It did cost me two SMS messages (which I presume will have a premium) but I don't care really it's working now.

I haven't seen anything bad about aMSN and it is free software under the terms of the GNU General Public License so it all seems good.

I can only assume from all this that the version of IM shipped with my brand new copy of Windows 7 pro isn't fireproof as it won't work in all situations. There is nothing unusual about my PC setup so I am still bemused but happy now :)

I would still appreciate any ideas any of you may have as to why the packaged IM didn't work though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom