Windows 7 Intel Management Engine Interface

ivanpasic

I've installed 64-bit Windows 7 on my new TOSHIBA Tecra S10 laptop. Installation was smooth, Windows Update was able to locate and download drivers for all the components on my computer save for one. It shows up in my Control Panel as PCI Simple Communications Controller. I've determined that this device is Intel Management Engine Interface. However, I am unable to find a driver (64-bit) for this particular device. It does not seem to affect mu computer at all. I guess I can just wait until Toshiba releases a driver for this device. Does anyone have experience with this issue? Is it OK for me to use my computer without a proper driver for this device? My processor is not going to fry from overheating or something like that, is it?

At a guess - and I mean guess - you may need to download and install the chipset drivers for the notebook. It may not be necessary, but I believe that it's not likely to do harm.

I'm a bit compulsive, so I prefer to get rid of warnings in Device Manager, even if they never give me any trouble.

At a guess - and I mean guess - you may need to download and install the chipset drivers for the notebook. It may not be necessary, but I believe that it's not likely to do harm.

I'm a bit compulsive, so I prefer to get rid of warnings in Device Manager, even if they never give me any trouble.
thanks, bobkn. i installed windows 7 64-bit chipset drivers from the toshiba web-site but the warning did not go away. toshiba actually offers a driver for Intel Management Engine Interface but it's not available for windows 7 64-bit. i guess i'll just wait.

it worked!

thanks a lot man. on www.toshiba.co.uk i found a 64-bit vista version of the driver for my notebook and followed the instructions posted on the intel web site. i am happy that all the warnings are now gone from my device manager in control panel!

Back