Windows 7 Intermittent freezing at "Windows is Starting" splash

robdam1001

My wife's 32 Bit Win 7 PC is intermittently freezing at the "windows is starting" splash screen. Normally I reset/reboot and it boots fine on the next attempt. Lately it has been taking more attempts in order to get it to boot properly. Any idea what might be causing this intermittent issue?

Did this occur immediately after install?

Did you perform an upgrade or a "clean" install?

Did this occur immediately after install?

Did you perform an upgrade or a "clean" install?

Clean 32 Bit install. Official MS Disk, not bit torrrent or anything like that. PC had been working perfectly for a few days and then the intermittent freezing started a few days afterwards. Nothing new was installed either HW or SW. Once the PC finally does boot, everything works perfectly. I'm thinking about starting from scratch and reinstalling everything again. There goes my Sunday, lol.

Ran System Restore back to the earliest available point and I've been able to reboot successfully twice. I'm not sure if my issue is solved but looking good so far! I'll report back with any new updates.

Please try to perform a "clean" install, as some of the problems you are having may carry over if you perform an upgrade.

Just write down the list of 3rd party applications so you'll know what you need to re-install.

Please try to perform a "clean" install, as some of the problems you are having may carry over if you perform an upgrade.

Just write down the list of 3rd party applications so you'll know what you need to re-install.

I did do a clean install even with a new hard drive. I am disconnecting USB devices one at a time to see if perhaps that is the culprit. thanks.

If that fails, I would suggest you reburn the ISO at it;s slowest speed (1x) abd use a good quality name-brand DVD.

I use Imgburn and have vnever had a problem. It akso verifies the disk after burning.

Download Imgburn here:

The Official ImgBurn Website

Sorry,

When you said official disk from Microsoft that can pertain to the RC as well.

You didn't mention it was the purchased.

Do you see anything in the event log? See my post here? I think one of the Windows Oct updates caused a problem. Mine seem to have some connection to USB related devices. I updated Bit defender last night and had a hang on the next boot. No unusual fault or warning this time. Just WININT code 11 that's always there.
Joe

*UPDATE: the last time the boot hung at the colorful Windows screen, I just let the computer sit. After 4-5 minutes the computer boots to the desktop as it should. I've been able to replicate this numerous times. Again, Some of the time, the Pc will boot as it should and then other times it may take 4-5 minutes to boot completely.

Back