Windows 7 Setup is starting services:Error! Any way to take files off of the computer?

Zoro

Hello W7 forums!

So not too long ago I rebooted my pc as it was running a bit slow that day, as I was rebooting I got an error (I don't remember it now sorry) and it started startup repair. This startup repair went for almost a week straight before I gave up on it. Not being able to boot into safe mode, I decided to try and repair windows 7 with an installation disk I would burn from another computer. The computer booted up normally without starting startup repair, and put me into a black screen that said "Setup is starting services", after about 10 seconds I get an error that says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed."

I have some pretty valuable files on that computer and I do not wish to do a clean reformat without taking the files off. I can load command prompt from the boot CD so I can atleast view the files that are still on there (moved from C:\ to D:\?)

Is there any way to take files off of the computer (specifically;a laptop, so I can't physically do much) and put them on to a CD/DVD? (It's not recognizing USB's) so that after I take off my files, I can fully reinstall. This is probably one of my last options, and I don't even know how I'm going to be able to do it without being able to boot W7.

Regards,
Zoro

Back
Top Bottom