Setup is starting services:Error! Any way to take files off of the computer?

Zoro

Hello W7 forums!

So not too long ago I rebooted my pc as it was running a bit slow that day, as I was rebooting I got an error (I don't remember it now sorry) and it started startup repair. This startup repair went for almost a week straight before I gave up on it. Not being able to boot into safe mode, I decided to try and repair windows 7 with an installation disk I would burn from another computer. The computer booted up normally without starting startup repair, and put me into a black screen that said "Setup is starting services", after about 10 seconds I get an error that says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed."

I have some pretty valuable files on that computer and I do not wish to do a clean reformat without taking the files off. I can load command prompt from the boot CD so I can atleast view the files that are still on there (moved from C:\ to D:\?)

Is there any way to take files off of the computer (specifically;a laptop, so I can't physically do much) and put them on to a CD/DVD? (It's not recognizing USB's) so that after I take off my files, I can fully reinstall. This is probably one of my last options, and I don't even know how I'm going to be able to do it without being able to boot W7.

Regards,
Zoro

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.