Windows 7 Internet connection crashing when trying to send a file

melkor

I've just observed a very interesting and annoying issue on my computer with freshly (about a week ago) installed W7 RTM.
When trying to send (attach to an e-mail*) a file(s) bigger than about 30 kB my internet connection crashes and I need to restart the computer (it's not the matter of the router as I still have signal on my laptop).
Anyone faced it before and can advise me what to do?
Can it be fault of the NIC driver? I've got Atheros L1 and as I can see on producer's site - there's only a driver for Vista and Server 2003.
Thanks in advance.

*And it happens only then - if I send a file to a service like rapidshare, it's going smoothly...
**And only on gmail...

After a few minutes and a few topic's editions, I figured out what was causing the problem - advanced files uploading on gmail (the option allowing uploading multiple files at once and using Flash to show progress bar).
I'm not deleting it as someone else may have the same problem. And maybe someone will tell me - what the f...?!

Last edited:
Im getting the same...

I know that Windows 7 final release is out now, but im not upgrading till next year...

But I'm also getting this issue.

My Internet connection crashes whenever I'm uploading to facebook, gmail, but doesn't crash if I'm uploading to ftp? my Girlfriends computer running xp, doesn't crash when uploading to these sites, an i never had the issue when i was running xp... so it really can only be Windows 7... iv spent many hours talking to my internet provider and they've run all tests from their end, and it all seems fine...

Anyone got any patches or tips on how to fix this?

Back