Windows 7 internet connection errors since upgrade to win7

mdjanus

Over the weekend I upgraded my desktop from Vista home to Premium to Windows Home premium. Since then I cannot maintain my connection to the Internet via the router system in my building, although that had never been a problem before. It also is not a problem when I plug in my laptop.

So I start connected and then after a couple of minutes of use become disconnected from the Internet. I go to troubleshooting and it resets the connection, for another two minutes.

The two error messages I receive are Local Area Connection does not have a valid IP configuration and the default gateway is not available.

What does this mean and what do I do next?

Thanks

Mark-David

Hi mdjanus,

If your computer is disconnecting after some period of time then follow these steps:-

1. Update your Wireless Adaptor Driver. (If you found yellow (!) mark or (?) in device manager then install them properly)

2. Go to your wireless router configuration page and change channels, authentication/encryption, Wireless mode (b,g,n)

3. Try to reset your Antivirus and update it. (Check whether or not the problem occurs in safe mode with networking)

4. Last, check your ip address is manually inserted or it's through DHCP.

Let me know after performing these steps.

Back