Hi my internet exploerer keeps crashing :-( I am using ms explorer not firefox. every 5-10 pages it says error then the recover page and all that crap. I have had this problem with every other build of windows 7 :-( i install the new build and it will be fine then the next one it will happen and the next one is fine again!
After i installed the second build i thought that it was fixed but obviously not :-(
Can anyone help me???
What are the exact error messages? Are they happening in only certain Internet Sites or more than a few different sites with different URLs.?
When you say
internet exploerer keeps crashing
you mean you cannot cancel out the error message and (1) You have to shut down and restart IE ? (2) or You have to reboot the Computer?
There are a multitude of reasons for Web Browsers "not functioning properly" or "acting weird".
- It can be due to some settings in the Web Browser itself,
- it can be due to the problem in the way the Internet site Webpage is built by who ever has created the site.
- It can be due to "Browser enhancements" or Add Ons some times called as Toolbars you have used for your browsing convenience interacting with some sites that would not, for want of a better term "like" that Browser Add-on
- It may be because you have some security features on the Browser that acts adversely at some sites,
- it may be because your Antivirus or Firewalls have problems with the site.
To prevent anyone giving you a "baby with the bath water" type of troubleshoot , a little more detail would be helpful to focus on the real cause of the problem and tailor the remedy to its underlying cause.
If it is due to an "over reaction" on the part of IE when it see some errors on some webpages because of the way certain particular website is constructed, and these " Script error warnings" and "do you want to debug" type of prompts are the problems, you might be able to turn off error debug Options
in IE's Advanced Internet Options.
For this thread to be useful to you and anyone else reading , please post the exact error message the next time it happens.