Windows Vista internet exployer not responding

shortgal

I keep getting that message and then I have to close the page I am on and start the exployer again. I don't know if it is a Vista problem or that googy site advisor thing that came with my McAFee security suite but it really is getting to be a pain in the butt. :mad:

I keep getting that message and then I have to close the page I am on and start the exployer again. I don't know if it is a Vista problem or that googy site advisor thing that came with my McAFee security suite but it really is getting to be a pain in the butt. :mad:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista Link Removed - Invalid URL Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Here are three things you can look into)

I personally have a problem with Adobe Flash Player. It started out with just an occational freeze in my Hotmail Live. I restarted, nothing lost-- their server, so I let it go by. I'm starting to see it in websites now. Link Removed - Invalid URL P.S. Please don't double post

Thanks ,I will look into that post.

I am very confused about posting here , where it says click an icon and then post. I am sorry to have done that but then when I hit edit and tried to delete it, I could not find a delete button. I tell you since my double cataract surgery I can't see a thing. lol

I opened my internet and I don't have anything that says tools. Maybe I have an older version of ie.

I've merged the threads to save confusion..

Hi,

If you open IE hold down the 'alt' key on your kb then the menu will appear top left of IE. Tools is second from the end.

Thanks ,I will look into that post.

I am very confused about posting here , where it says click an icon and then post. I am sorry to have done that but then when I hit edit and tried to delete it, I could not find a delete button. I tell you since my double cataract surgery I can't see a thing. lol

I opened my internet and I don't have anything that says tools. Maybe I have an older version of ie.

You might try the "Ease of Access Center" in your Control Panel. Vista will Magnify everything for you. Adjust it the way you want it.

Ie is always crashing on me. I read somewhere you kill the add-ons for adobe which casues issues, but my still crashes 5 times a day. Sucks when your working. I wish they would fix this for vista.

Ie is always crashing on me. I read somewhere you kill the add-ons for adobe which causes issues, but my still crashes 5 times a day. Sucks when your working. I wish they would fix this for vista.

I wasn't crashing until I updated in December. Thought I was going to get something better! A member of another forum- he put a switch on his Adobe Flash player (enable, disable switch), called Link Removed - Invalid URL He said it works great.....(Anybody have any comments about this software?)

Ie is always crashing on me. I read somewhere you kill the add-ons for adobe which causes issues, but my still crashes 5 times a day. Sucks when your working. I wish they would fix this for vista.

Generally, I'm uncomfortable accepting release candidates....... I have opted to try EI-8 and see what happens. If you can accept IE-8 on your computer, by all means try it. :) If feel I'm being manipulated by Microsoft for some reason?

I have RC1 and had it for a month now. I have only had one IE 8 crash and a few hangs but other than that I like it. I like the look and feel with IE 8, along with some of the added features. I haven't used them all yet, I still need more time. This is the first and only beta any thing, RC any thing that I have ever downloaded and against my better judgment I might add. Knock on wood, nothing major, just a few minor hick-ups for me.

I might try that myself, mine crashed once today and twice yesterday and last week it even said" something about Adobe being the cause" Once I switch to 8, I can not go back to 7 is that right?

Re: internet explorer not responding

I might try that myself, mine crashed once today and twice yesterday and last week it even said\" something about Adobe being the cause\" Once I switch to 8, I can not go back to 7 is that right?

Hi! I had a major crash this morning running a 45 year old movie on You Tube. No, a release candidate is a trial, I was hoping it would be designed better for running Abobe 9. There are compatibility problems with IE 8: Microsoft’s IE 8 incompatibility list: 2,400 major sites (and counting) | All about Microsoft | ZDNet.com And: http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1846 Here is the IE 8 download: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Re: internet explorer not responding

well, I downloaded it and it is crazier than ever. Everytime I go to Mod the Sims2, it resets itself. I hear the baa ing of sheep. I guess if they told us to jump off a bridge we would do it. They knew when they made Vista that it was a piece of crap and you know if they are pitching Windows 7 that they have no intention of fixing Vista. Do they think people are made out of money and we can afford another operating system. This one is only about 2 months old. grrr!

Hi Shortgal,

When you say 'mod the sims 2' I guess your saying your a moderator in the sims 2 forums? You also say IE8 re-sets itself when you go to that site... What do you actually mean by 're-set'?
If you mean that the compatibility mode is turned off then you could open the compatibility mode settings and have the sims 2 page always appear in compatibility mode. To find the settings, you need to click on 'page' (upper right).

Post back if you need further help........:)

Back