Internet is constantly timing out ever since W7 upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by FishHeadswg, Jun 21, 2010.

1. FishHeadswg

FishHeadswg New Member

Whenever I visit a site it initially gives me the "server not found" error page and forces me to mash F5 a few times for the page to finally load. This only happens when I boot into 7, my internet is perfect on my XP partition. Any idea why this is happening? I updated all my drivers and I'm connected to a pretty large network but I'm the only one with this connection problem. It's been going on for over a week and I can't take this crap anymore.

2. AZ Road Runner

AZ Road Runner New Member

Are you sure you don't have some nasty trogan or some such thing. That is just too weird behavior.

3. FishHeadswg

FishHeadswg New Member

If I do it's done an amazing job avoiding detection by Avast, Spybot, HijackThis and MBAC.

4. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

Is Windows 7 a clean install or an upgrade? Upgrades frequently cause problems.
    Joe

5. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

Did you install anything from Apple like iTunes? I ask because the Bonjour service included is known to cause havoc to Windows' networking.

You can check for the presence of mdnsresponder.exe in the task manager. Let us know.

6. Agent Data

Agent Data Banned

probably an odd modem/router 7 does not like

7. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

I have seen such conditions related to anti-virus or firewall programs, or a combination thereof.