Introduce Yourself.

Welcome Twojays.
I lived further up the road at Mullumbimby for 14 yrs.
Loved living there.
Now in Sydney.

Trying to learn my way arout windows ten
Here are something
Not sure where to go when I want to post.
How can I take my password out when I come on
How to hit X and clear out one thing like 7 did not thake ever thing

Not sure where to go when I want to post.
Hi comanche, I hope you have it figgured out soon... welcome about.

General windows 10 questions should be posted here = Windows 10 Help and Support
Screenshot (61).png

Hi all! I'm just a simple quality engineer in mechanical industry. Interesting forum! I'll stick around. :)

Greetings
I'm a Windows Power User who spends too much time customizing aspects of the OS. Currently using Windows 10. I made an account to post about some obvious shortcomings in the OS that should be properly addressed. Initially here regarding the Start Screen, which is one my favorite Windows features but seems unfinished and neglected.

Hello people,
Mongo here. Nearly 80 yo now and getting a bit forgetful at times. Likely need a lot of reminders on how to do things.
I am using a refurbished desktop PC that was originally purchased in 2007. Currently using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, 32 bit. The original motherboard was replaced with an Intel Dual Core CPU. It has 4GB RAM. A couple of months ago it automatically updated itself to W10.
I used that for a while then decided to revert back to Win7 Ultimate SP1. A computer repair guy did that for me, so i assume it was done correctly.
The PC has been running fine since the reinstall of Win7.

I just found this forum today and ho[e to be able to gain knowledge and give back a little when I can. Thank you for allowing me to register.

Hi Mongo, welcome aboard mate...

There are some nice things in wx but on an old rig like that you are better off saying no thanks and sticking to w7 drivers... at least until it needs replacement parts and then you can get yourself a cheap laptop.

P.s, the moral of this story is don't allow Microsoft to make your choice for you? :oops:

Hi Mongo, welcome aboard mate...

There are some nice things in wx but on an old rig like that you are better off saying no thanks and sticking to w7 drivers... at least until it needs replacement parts and then you can get yourself a cheap laptop.

P.s, the moral of this story is don't allow Microsoft to make your choice for you? :oops:

Thanks ussnorway, in other words do not allow MS to update my PC to W10, not now, not later.

I joined because I came home one day from work and found that Microshaft had installed Windows 10 on my PC. Grrr.....very underhanded of them. I had some issues and posted a thread about it and got some great advice from some very nice and helpful folks. Definitely made me a fan of this forum.

I'm a graphic designer so I've been tinkering with computers for a while now. I built my first PC a while ago and it's still going strong today. Pays to really research these things. I tried to pick components that would future-proof my rig as well as I could, because it's expensive to build a PC and I knew I couldn't do it again for a good long while. If anyone is interested this is what I got......

Mobo: Gigabyte P35-DS4
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GPU: ASUS EN9600 GSO
RAM: G.Skill PC2-6400 DDR2 8GB
Cooling: ThermalRight Ultra 120E
Internal HDDs: Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB 64MB and Seagate ST500DM002 500GB 16MB
Burner Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD+R DL
Monitors: (2) DELL S2340M 23" IPS HD LEDs
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 6100
Case: Ultra m998
Sound: Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506

Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit. Incredibly impressive OS from Microshaft. Might be old, but the PC is still serving me well for what I need. The good folks at Overclock.net were extremely helpful in assisting me with the build.

Anyway...love this forum and I think I'll stick around a while :)

Hi Firewire and welcome aboard.

I'm a graphic designer
That rig should handle anything windows 7 can ask of it but be aware that Microsoft has ended main support for 7... you do have extended support until January 14, 2020 so its not all bad however ime the graptics will be what you notice and when the time comes I'd look for a good | cheap laptop... something like my Asus tp500la ($700 aud) or a MAC if money isn't an issue.

To be clear, the ASUS EN9600-GSO should handle basic computing but its not a rig that I'd use for rendoring.

Back