Ip address question

Devilstompa

I'm using windows server 2012 on a supermicro motherboard. I set my ip address as my home ip address same as my router and when I type in the IP address I get a supermicro login page. I use to be able to get into the router through the IP address. Should I change the ip address to something else thanks

>Change Your Location
The easiest way to change your IP address is to change your location. When you connect to the internet at your workplace, you’re assigned a different IP address than when you connect at home.
>Reset Your Modem
Another way to change your IP address is to reset your modem yourself.
Unplug your modem and wait for at least 30 seconds before you plug it back in to ensure it will fully reset. Your modem will then register with a different IP address once you plug it back in and it boots back up.
>Use a VPN
Another way to change your IP address is to hide your public IP address by using a privacy app or VPN, like TunnelBear. A VPN will provide you with a secure and private connection to the internet.
The IP Address assigned to you holds data about your location and a VPN will allow you to remain in your current physical location but browse the internet as if you're in a different one.

Back
Top Bottom