Windows 8 IP Adress Changing

pawii

sir i use my laptop at my home and at my office too
and at both places there are different ISP so all the time i had to change the IP of my lappy when i am at home or when i am at office because of different ISP
sir is there a way so that i can auto connect without changing the IP
is there a software or some other settings which i can use so that i dont have to change my ip all the time at home and office too

I suspect you have static, i.e. fixed addressing on both connections.

If you want a dynamic network connection at home and a static address for use at work, go to the Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings (in the left pane) > Right-click or press and hold the connection, click or tap Properties at the bottom > and scroll down to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and double-click or double-tap it. Click or tap the Alternate Configuration Tab > Put a check in User configured and fill in the rest of the details. The General Tab refers to dynamic addressing (DHCP), set this up first.

Last edited:
can you show this to me image by image??
because aal i see after double clicking ipv4 there is advanced option instead of alternate
then there is option of adding dns subnet and gateways
am i going right or m i missing somewhere??

Attachments

• aa.txt
    235 bytes · Views: 400
When you are connected at work, open a Run window (Windows Logo key+R), type cmd /k ipconfig /all (note the three spaces) and press Enter. Make a note of IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Server(s), which have to be keyed in to create a static IP address. Consult your network controller if you have any difficulty.

Setting up the home dynamic connection is easy, just select Obtain IP and DNS Addresses automatically.

Back