Windows 10 iphone … unplug from port or remove-hardware option?

pnamajck

Honorable Member
iphone … unplug from port or remove-hardware option?
  • windows 10.0 (home ed) 64bit … (upgraded from oem-8.0/8.1) … current-build: 10586.318 (1511)
  • apple-iphone … 3gs … version: 6.1.3 … modem-firmware: 05.16.08
  • toshiba satellite P55-A5312 (laptop)
attached apple's oem-cable to usb-port … attached other end to iphone (already booted) … copied the photos from i-phone's directory (internal-storage/dcim/***) to a desktop folder … images appear fine and can open.

now comes time for me to disconnect iphone … windows-explorer (file-explorer) … click on device (iphone) … nothing about "eject". i go to control-panel / devices-printers / apple-iphone … and notice the "remove device" option.

just wondering if this "remove device" is the method being used? or … do people just unplug the i-phone's usb form port? is the idea here that, once "remove device" has been implemented … next time i plug in iphone, the device will rebuild within the device-printers interface?

p.s. have attached image-file to this post … thanks in advance.

iphone_remove_hardware.png iphone_device_manager.png

Yes, eject is generally for disc's and "remove device" for usb storage which is generally what phones show up as. The reason you want to do this is because Windows doesn't always write data immediately but instead caches it. Clicking "remove device" should force the write to occur so the disk doesn't corrupt.

" Clicking "remove device" should force the write to occur so the disk doesn't corrupt. "

'ppreciate it, neemobeer … i proceeded with the "remove device" … win-10 asked me to verify. next time i booted up the lap-top, and attached i-phone to port … it was rebuilt in the device-printers interface.

Back