Is it possible when usb drive is inserted into port, user need to login first before they can open the usb drive in Computer

dyooshi

I wonder if is it possible to create a tool where when usb drive is inserted in the port, user need to login first. If not, they cannot open the usb folder (for example the usb drive folder in Computer is Drive ( E: ) ). Like the usb folder will not appear in Computer until user can login

Probably, but you'd probably be talking about created a filter driver to prevent access to the devices pre-authentication. Driver development isn't trivial even for most business app developers.

Of course if they're already logged in then they would technically be authenticated, so a group policy could accomplish the same thing to a degree.

Probably, but you'd probably be talking about created a filter driver to prevent access to the devices pre-authentication. Driver development isn't trivial even for most business app developers.

Of course if they're already logged in then they would technically be authenticated, so a group policy could accomplish the same thing to a degree.
so from your opinion, is it hard to do so? because im still new in software development regarding windows so i want to ask from profesional people before starting to do this project

Not my expertise, but one way that occurs to me is to make a protected folder in the USB, and put everything in there.

Back
Top Bottom