Windows 7 is there ati radeon 9600 pro driver for windows 7

Nece228

hi,
with windows driver everything works fine, i got translucent windows etc. but i want more performance, so i want catalyst driver for win 7. but as much as i searched i didnt find driver. ive tried to install ati legacy catalyst driver, but it says that this driver isnt for that card. i tried to install catalyst 8.12 and driver installed succesfully but when i restarted computer ive started to see that my screen is garbled and its impossible to see anything. thanks for help

Edit: whoops didn't read you fully.

Graphics Drivers & Software
If you select Vista: 32bit or 64bit (For which version you have of windows 7)
And select your video card, It will give you the Catalyst 9.3 driver page.

AMD dropped support for cards using chipsets older then r600 with Catalyst 9.4

The following products have been moved to the legacy software support structure (including Mobile and All-in-Wonder Variants):
ATI Radeon 9500 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
ATI Radeon X550 Series
ATI Radeon X600 Series
ATI Radeon X700 Series
ATI Radeon X800 Series
ATI Radeon X850 Series
ATI Radeon X1050 Series
ATI Radeon X1300 Series
ATI Radeon X1550 Series
ATI Radeon X1600 Series
ATI Radeon X1650 Series
ATI Radeon X1800 Series
ATI Radeon X1900 Series
ATI Radeon Xpress Series
ATI Radeon X1200 Series
ATI Radeon X1250 Series
ATI Radeon X2100 Series

Edit: whoops didn't read you fully.

Graphics Drivers & Software
If you select Vista: 32bit or 64bit (For which version you have of windows 7)
And select your video card, It will give you the Catalyst 9.3 driver page.

AMD dropped support for cards using chipsets older then r600 with Catalyst 9.4
yeah, ive tried that medod, it says installation complete but theres two warnings, i open log and i see that error ati driver wasnt installed because your card model isnt supported here or something like that. anyone know why is that happening?

ive installed catalyst 9.1 driver, but when i restart computer i see that screen is garbled its impossible to see anything. anyone know why this driver dont works?

Last edited:
please use the Catalyst 8.12 AGP hot fix driver and for further reference ATI will only be putting out a driver for their agp parts quartely so 1 every 3 months or so

please use the Catalyst 8.12 AGP hot fix driver and for further reference ATI will only be putting out a driver for their agp parts quartely so 1 every 3 months or so
i donwloaded hot fix driver, but i see same problem, after successful driver installation i rebooted computer and my screen is garbled again. damn, i really need opengl support because microsoft drivers dont support opengl :mad:

hmmm and this card worked fine with another os or not, who's the manufacturer of it maybe check their website for drivers as sometimes manufacturers do not stick to amd/ati's design plan and require drivers from the manufacturer instead sorta like mobile video cards in that respect, although most radeon 9600 pro cards are almost the exact same thing just a different HSF and stickers and a name in the bios but thats usually as far as it goes from the stock ati design but on the rare occasion they do do other stuff like clocking and fan speeds yadda yadda thats why i say check their website or you could just go back to 8.11 or 8.10 vista drivers i know they work failing that take the card out of the system and reinstal it maybe its just a seating issue bad contact can cause issues like this

Hello,

Using the same card I also can't get any drivers other than Windows 7 standard VGA to cover this card.

Is there any solution to that??

Thanks

Hello,
I have exactly the same card and same problem as Nece228 user. I can install eny driver (8.what ever, 9.3, 9.3.1, 9.8) all works grate until restart when on the login screen (the one where you type your password) i cant see a thing, the screen is how Nece228 says, garbled, some vertical lines and pixels and you cant undestand a thing from the image. Now, if i get my pc at that time to Sleep and then wake it up againe the problem disappear and all works just fine (opengl, ccc, d3d, all) againe until next boot up. If it was not like these, i mean if it didnt work at all, i would have installed win xp back but... i see its working perfectly fine if i pass that boot up thingy. Hope for a reply and thanks in advance for it.

I have ATI Radeon 9600 and it don`t work on my new Windows 7.
Does ATI or Microsoft will do something about that ???
I don`t wanna change my graphic card because i don`t need to.

Well MS did a WDDM driver for it, and they wont do more then that. And AMD sux verry much cause they think that doing a legacy support driver for Windows 7 is not worthed (found these thing on amd forum). Probably we will have to buy a new video card/pc cause AMD wants so.

And AMD sux verry much cause they think that doing a legacy support driver for Windows 7 is not worthed (found these thing on amd forum). Probably we will have to buy a new video card/pc cause AMD wants so.
Really AMD sux for that !!!

I will never buy crap hardware from this second-hand company !!!

Really AMD sux for that !!!

I will never buy crap hardware from this second-hand company !!!

I am sure your not alone in this and at some point someone will make a modified driver that will work for you in windows 7, It is early days yet ;)

Ok so i took all the drivers that are avaleble for download on amd-ati site and got the conclusion:
8.1- is working (problem doesnt appear)| 8.2- working| 8.3- working| 8.4- working| 8.5- not working at all| 8.6- not working at all| 8.7- working| and from 8.8 till 9.8 (that means 8.9, 8.10, 8.11, 8.12, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3) the problem described in my first post appears. I cant install at all 8.5 and 8.6, donno why. From 8.8 probably ati changed someting in theyr driver and its not compatible with 9600 series... Enyway, i'm happy that i found a solution and ofc i'm sad cuse i rly need to buy a new pc.

Last edited:
@Antz: Please give me a link with witch driver you recommend me to install.
My desktop system is: Amd Athlon 64 x2 3800+, Gygabyte motherboard with agp slot, 2 GB ram, Ati Radeon 9600 128 MB memory.
I hope i will solve that problem without changing my graphic card....

Thanks !

It seems like I am having the same problem, but with my TV tuner. They are not providing support for Win7 to make more money. Is there an earlier version of the drivers that I could find? And where could I find them?

I recomand you Catalyst 8.7 or 8.4. You will probably have to install it manualy (cancel theyr setup after the driver is extracted from archive then go to device manager and update it from there with the option have disk to force windows to take that driver). Tell me if it works for you.
And for justin, i have no idea about TV tuners :(

I recomand you Catalyst 8.7 or 8.4. You will probably have to install it manualy (cancel theyr setup after the driver is extracted from archive then go to device manager and update it from there with the option have disk to force windows to take that driver). Tell me if it works for you.
And for justin, i have no idea about TV tuners :(
Pffff still not working !
I got enough of this crappy situation.
I installed manually the drivers (with have disk option) and still the drivers are with yellow exclamation sign and still the video card doesn`t work proprely. Really don`t know what should i do more ....
Can you attach here some exact drivers or can you suggest me some other options ?
Cheers !

So first of all, boot in safe mode, uninstall eny of your drivers from there (from device manager) then boot normal, Extract the Link Removed - Invalid URL and install the driver (same method at above) by selecting the CL61008.ini file from 8-4_vista32_dd_61008\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH_INF location and reboot. Also you can take a look of what some other guy told me to do (disable AGP fast write option). Take a look at AMD Game Forums - Win 7 login problem on legacy driver. For me it didnt change enything but maybe for you will have an effect.

Last edited:
Radeon 9600 Cards Windows 7

Are you installing the driver under Vista compatibility mode? Also are your using AGP and not DVI? Below link is a Microsoft download for Windows Vista 32 bit so try to install the driver using Vista compatibility in Windows 7:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...ards & components&sc=graphics cards&os=32-bit

According to biocanada site 86% (867) users had success installing the driver under Vista compatibility for Windows 7. Also turn off Aero if you can before installing the driver.

Hi,

I have a compaq nc6000 with a Radeon 9600. The ATI driver don't work for me. But when I did automatic search for drivers it recognised my graphic card and no all 3d is working....

-
Windows 7 32bit

Back
Top Bottom