Windows 7 Is this normal for windows experience index?

spaniel1287

Hello all, I just recently got a new HP 23 g010 all in one desktop. I'm not into gaming anymore so not too worried about that. I just wanted something reliable and decently quick, so I got this for $290 and just added 4GB to make it a total of 8GB. It came with windows 8.1 and I hated it so i formatted the hard drive and installed windows 7.

It has a AMD E2 3800 1.3 quad core, 500GB HD, 8GB memory, and it came with Radon HD 8280 integrated graphics. My question is this, I checked the windows experience index and it says 1.0.

Processor: 4.5
Memory: 6.6
Graphics: 1.0
Gaming Graphics: 1.0
Primary Hard disk: 5.9

Why would the index be so low? I know it isnt a dedicated graphics, but it is still a brand new computer and I don't think it should be that low? When I go to device manager and click display adapter it just says "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter".

If it is integrated graphics, does it need to have a driver I wonder? Thanks for your help and input. It was a cheap machine, but I think it can run your basic things pretty smoothly.

Forget the WEI, is the performance adequate to do what you want/need to do with the computer? That's more important than the index.

Back