Windows Vista Its impossible to fix Vista configuring updates on each restart

Lukasz

Its impossible to fix Vista configuring updates, I can't even find pending.xms in winsxs/Temp

I have Windows 7 now and work great.

Its impossible to fix Vista configuring updates, I can't even find pending.xms in winsxs/Temp

I have Windows 7 now and work great.
Welcome to Windows 7. Sounds like you found a good reason to move on to Win7 from Vista.

Do you mean you are stuck in the dreaded loop? Microsoft have this to offer:

The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista and Windows 7

If you only mean, on the subsequent reboot or start, Windows 7 does the same thing, depending on the update. With certain updates, it is neccessary for the OS to close the particular service or running program, before it can update. The method used is on a reboot or restart.

The only way to stop it would be not to allow the computer to install updates until you are ready for them.
In the Windows update feature, you have two features which could accomplish that.
Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them or
Download updates but let me choose whether to install them.
The second option can be a bit of a nuisance on a low performance machine, if you are in the middle of intensive internet work and the extra load is imposed on the system.
After you have accepted the installation of updates, the window will, in the appliceable circumstances, request a reboot. ( and the subsequent message) You can, of course, reject this request until it is more convenient for you.

A final way would be to switch of updates entirely and download them manully at times when it also suits you.

Windows 7 works fine. I'm only having truble with Vista !

Windows 7 works fine no problem there. I'm only having trouble with Vista, I did try to disable updates in services.msc and it didn't help

They install fine its just on each restart I get configuring updates

They install fine its just on each reboot I get configuring updates loop I have no viruses, I scanned the entire laptop.

That is why I switched to Windows 7 Ultimate

It happened on every restart without updating on Vista Windows 7 is fine

It happened on every reboot without updating, after all updates were completed and configured then it started configuring updates loop again on Vista every reboot

Windows 7 is fine
. No configuring loop on Windows 7

Last edited:
I switched to Windows 7 and its fine

I switched to Windows 7 and its fine. Lets leave it at that

Back