Windows 7 iTunes/iPod: 1.8, almost 2 GB of "other"

GeneralHiningII

Fantastic Member
Not sure where to post this - also, since the forum doesn't allow double posting, IF I do post this in the wrong section please move it (admins, looking at you guys).

So this is the deal:

I have an 8GB iPod.
iOS 6.0.1 (Not updated to 6.1, never)
Capacity, 6.41GB (even though it advertises 8GB, which should logically mean 8GB of free storage, but anyway)

As most of you know, there are 6 "sections" your memory is used up by (technically 5, but 6 if you count everything) - Audio, Video, Photos, Apps, "Other", Free.

As you can see from the screenshot - I have 1.85GB of "Other".

What really bugs me:
I can't remove this "Other" part. It's taking up 30% of my space, which I could use to put in more apps, photos, videos, whatever.
I don't really mind if there isn't a way to remove the "Other" section - all I want is an explanation of what "Other" really is (of course, if you do have a solution to fixing it, by all means tell me).

I have tried:
Restoring my iPod.
Re-installing iTunes.

Sidenote: This is actually my second iPod. The first one cracked (really badly too - about a fifth of the glass had fractured and fallen off, you could see the sensors underneath, there was a big dent + scratch on the metal cover on the back, the camera didn't work too well) so I got it replaced. Both iPod's had the same problem of too much space being used by "Other".

Any replies (experience, tips, ideas) are very much welcome.

Thanks

//Edit:
Added the screenshot, I forgot! Sorry!

iPod Touch, 4th Gen.
\\

Attachments

• iPod-OTHERS.JPG
    iPod-OTHERS.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Back