iTunes Store and Windows 7 Prof.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by mnn60, Oct 29, 2009.

1. mnn60

mnn60 New Member

Last night I spent 2 1/2 hours upgrading from Windows Vista Business 32 bit to Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. Everything went real well and I liked Windows 7. The only fluke was that I could no longer access the iTunes store. Therefore I could not re-authorize this computer nor could I download music/podcasts or important updates for my iPhone. When I ran the diagnostics in the iTunes program, connectivity to the internet was present but the program could not connect to the iTunes store securely and then the connection timed out. I tried repeatedly, upgrade from iTunes 8 to 9 but with no success. Because I use my iPhone and Outlook as Calendar etc, I needed to install my previously saved image of Vista Business 32. I have seen some mention of this problem but no solutions. I have also posted on the Apple Website but no one has responded as of yet. Any help would be appreciated.

2. jgcollander

jgcollander New Member

I am having the same issue. Any program that use internet explorer will not see the internet. When Itunes accesses the store it is using internet explorer. I installed mozella firefox and I can access the internet now but not with with internet explorer. Does anyone have a fix for this?

3. mnn60

mnn60 New Member

I am not having trouble with either Firefox or Internet Explorer or even Outlook. It is only with iTunes. I hope someone has a fix for this too. Otherwise, I won't be able to really upgrade to Windows 7 for good.

4. mnn60

mnn60 New Member

Hello Everyone,
    My problem is resolved. I could not effectively upgrade to Windows 7 and use iTunes so,

I backed up my data.
    Did a clean install.
    Downloaded itunes, tested it and it worked as did IE 8 which I was having problems with.
    Loaded my old data back onto the computer using windows easy transfer.
    iTunes and IE 8 STOPPED working.
    I went into Internet Options, Advanced and Reset my IE 8 Options.
    Everything then worked.
    Not sure of the logic but it works.
    Thanks for the help.

5. joken26

joken26 New Member

Access to iTunes and other sites needed

I'm looking for help as my new computer works on Windows 7 but I cannot access the iTunes store and some other sites like the natioinal lottery. I have tried everything I know from reboots to store help but without success. I have looked at the threads with this and have tried the suggestion about clean install etc but this is still not working. Does anyone know how you can get windows 7 to work with the iTunes store system?

Jo Macaulay

6. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Did you do the reset the previous post suggested?

7. joken26

joken26 New Member

Itunes issue

Yes, we did a factory restore, even though this is a brand new computer and has not had anything added on as yet.
    Still doesn't work.

J Macaulay

8. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Reset and Restore are not the same thing. Did you go to IE tools, Internet Options - the Advanced tab, bottom and click on reset?

9. joken26

joken26 New Member

Saltgrass,
    Sorry, got the wrong one. I have now done that and there is no change.

J Macaulay

10. Capceltic

Capceltic New Member

I followed what mnn60 posted - it worked! I went into my explorer 8 browser (which was also not connecting to the web) - clicked on tools, then 'internet options' then 'advanced' then clicked on the bottom 'reset internet explorer options'. Restarted windows explorer and suddenly I was connected. Then I restarted itunes - I was able to connect to the itunes store again! Wow - lots of time to get through this one.

11. Capceltic

Capceltic New Member

Thank you! - this also worked for me!