Windows 7 iTunes Store and Windows 7 Prof.

mnn60

Last night I spent 2 1/2 hours upgrading from Windows Vista Business 32 bit to Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. Everything went real well and I liked Windows 7. The only fluke was that I could no longer access the iTunes store. Therefore I could not re-authorize this computer nor could I download music/podcasts or important updates for my iPhone. When I ran the diagnostics in the iTunes program, connectivity to the internet was present but the program could not connect to the iTunes store securely and then the connection timed out. I tried repeatedly, upgrade from iTunes 8 to 9 but with no success. Because I use my iPhone and Outlook as Calendar etc, I needed to install my previously saved image of Vista Business 32. I have seen some mention of this problem but no solutions. I have also posted on the Apple Website but no one has responded as of yet. Any help would be appreciated.

I am having the same issue. Any program that use internet explorer will not see the internet. When Itunes accesses the store it is using internet explorer. I installed mozella firefox and I can access the internet now but not with with internet explorer. Does anyone have a fix for this?

I am not having trouble with either Firefox or Internet Explorer or even Outlook. It is only with iTunes. I hope someone has a fix for this too. Otherwise, I won't be able to really upgrade to Windows 7 for good.

Hello Everyone,
My problem is resolved. I could not effectively upgrade to Windows 7 and use iTunes so,

I backed up my data.
Did a clean install.
Downloaded itunes, tested it and it worked as did IE 8 which I was having problems with.
Loaded my old data back onto the computer using windows easy transfer.
iTunes and IE 8 STOPPED working.
I went into Internet Options, Advanced and Reset my IE 8 Options.
Everything then worked.
Not sure of the logic but it works.
Thanks for the help.

Access to iTunes and other sites needed

I'm looking for help as my new computer works on Windows 7 but I cannot access the iTunes store and some other sites like the natioinal lottery. I have tried everything I know from reboots to store help but without success. I have looked at the threads with this and have tried the suggestion about clean install etc but this is still not working. Does anyone know how you can get windows 7 to work with the iTunes store system?

Jo Macaulay

Itunes issue

Yes, we did a factory restore, even though this is a brand new computer and has not had anything added on as yet.
Still doesn't work.

J Macaulay

Reset and Restore are not the same thing. Did you go to IE tools, Internet Options - the Advanced tab, bottom and click on reset?

I followed what mnn60 posted - it worked! I went into my explorer 8 browser (which was also not connecting to the web) - clicked on tools, then 'internet options' then 'advanced' then clicked on the bottom 'reset internet explorer options'. Restarted windows explorer and suddenly I was connected. Then I restarted itunes - I was able to connect to the itunes store again! Wow - lots of time to get through this one.

Back