Windows 11 Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is this an issue I need to worry about or not

MissRiley

Running Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 on Dell Inspiron AIO 5490 AIO. BIOS Mode UEFI and up to date.

Total identified windows installations: 0 after using bootrec /rebuildbcd or bootrec /scanos command in Windows Recovery Environment. Ive done everything recommended online to fix the issue including a completely clean Windows Install with Windows Media Creation tool via USB which was just completed.

After running the command again after clean install identified windows installations is still 0. When I use bootrec /fixboot I get Access is denied and when I try attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s, Path not found - c:\boot.

My computer boots fine and seems to run well. The only other things that doesnt work is System Repair. "Automatic Repair couldnt repair your PC. Press 'Advanced Options' to try other options to repair your PC or 'shut down' to turn off your PC."

Is this something I should continue to try and fix or should I just let it be?

its unlikely to have anything on the C drive... normally that would be stored on a small backup partition with the name 'recovery' [something like that]... have a look in disk manager [windows key] + [x]... wait a sec then press [k] on most systems

anyway should you muck about with it = no... imo your system is currently working and frankly bootrec isn't 1/2 as reliable as a fresh install of Windows however i would backup any important software/ files just as a matter of course

Back
Top Bottom